Monday, May 8, 2017

Community Garden

A Community Garden

For this next nature experience, I traveled to a community garden near my father's house. The day was bright and sunny, with a few puffy clouds here and there. Birds chirped and bees and butterflies swarmed the bright orange and red and yellow flowers that engulfed the entryway to the garden. A few lizards scurried across the gravel path in front of me as I walked down the narrow stretch surrounded by flora on all sides. The path split two ways, one of which went to the right and snaked around a large pond inhabited by a family of turtles and some frogs. A few patches of bubbles were visible, suggesting some fish might also reside there. The beautiful scene of the tall oak trees and sky reflected on the deep green and blue surface of the pond. To the left was a large garden area with a few people walking here and there, all looking at something. I later came to find that they were observing a model train track with many different paths and trains chugging around the large, open area. Every so often along the paths there were benches that allowed me to sit back and relax, taking in the scenery and smells. Bluebirds swarmed the trees above and squirrels cautiously searched the ground for acorns. I traveled the gravel path for a few more hours before I ate my lunch at a picnic table and gathered my possessions to leave the garden. Even as I was leaving the garden, I couldn't escape the beauty of it. Someday I wish to return and see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Community Garden

A Community Garden For this next nature experience, I traveled to a community garden near my father's house. The day was bright and s...