Monday, May 1, 2017

Forest Bathing

Forest Bathing

Forest bathing is a calming technique. It is a practice where one goes out into nature and walks. You do not bring electronics with you, you simply quietly walk. You walk slowly, however. This is not a hike or a nature walk to reach an objective or observe a specific thing. You have no objective besides peace, nothing to observe except the beauty of nature. You don't talk. Everything is quiet, save the animals of the woods. As I began walking through the forest, the first thing that I noticed, or rather smelled, was the pines. The needles smelled wondrous, and I was reminded of fresh oranges. The sun shone through the treetops and illuminating the forest in careful, precise areas, the birds began singing. I identified multiple blue jays and two crows. The blue jays sang a memorable song, while the crows cry was shrill and chilling. There was a light breeze that I can only describe as refreshing. As I strolled down a trail, I ventured off to the right of the trail, and followed a smaller trail. The sun was shining beams of light through the tightly gathered treetops, creating a mysterious yet beautiful sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Community Garden

A Community Garden For this next nature experience, I traveled to a community garden near my father's house. The day was bright and s...